Year after year, market research shows United Way to be one of the top charities in Canada. We lead in terms of awareness and prominence with transparency, accountability, and trust as valuable assets. United Way is accountable to its donors and the public to ensure prudent, effective and efficient distribution, and the use of its resources in accordance with United Way Statement of Principles of Donors' Rights. Statement of Principles of Donors’ Rights
The Donor participates in the very essence of our mission and purpose, exercises rights, prerogatives, and fundamental privileges that must be recognized at all times and without reservation.
- The right to be informed of the organization's mission and purpose and to become a member of the organization if the donor so wishes;
- The right to know the identity of the organization's officers and members of the Board of Directors and to expect that they act with the greatest transparency, integrity, and discernment in implementing the organization's mission and purpose for the best interests of the community;
- The right to know how donations, directly or indirectly contributed to the organization are distributed, and to be assured that donated funds are used as intended by the donor;
- The right to be treated with consideration and respect by the organization and to receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition;
- The right to confidentiality regarding personal information about donors and facts about their donations;
- The right to expect that all relationships between the organization's representatives and the donor will be professional in nature;
- The right to be informed of the exact nature of the relationship which exists between fundraisers and the organization;
- The right to expect that the organization will not share or sell a mailing list which includes the donor's name, without providing the donor with a meaningful opportunity to decline;
- The right to ask questions of the organization and to expect prompt, truthful, and complete answers in an easy to understand manner.
- We will efficiently raise dollars and spend them for valid current community needs.
- We depend on and value volunteer involvement.
- We believe in the autonomy of the organizations we support within the terms of the agreements that exist.
- We will treat Board Members, staff, and the organization with dignity, integrity and respect at all times.
- We welcome and respect differing opinions, but will abide by majority vote.
- We believe our accountability is to our donors and to our community.
- Our United Way Board will be widely representative of our community.
- We value the important contribution of our staff.
Northumberland United Way (NUW) recognizes that receiving feedback provides a valuable opportunity to learn and improve. Every person has the right to offer a suggestion, make a complaint or compliment us on the way that we deliver on our mission, “To create a better life for everyone in Northumberland County through leadership and partnerships that mobilize community resources”.
Feedback can be delivered via telephone (905-372-6955), e-mail (email@example.com) or mail (600 William St., Suite 700, Cobourg, ON K9A 3A5).
All feedback received will be directed to the NUW C.E.O. If the originator wishes to be contacted, NUW will respond within 10 business days either in writing, by telephone, or e-mail acknowledging the receipt of feedback and outlining the actions to be taken, if appropriate.
NORTHUMBERLAND UNITED WAY FEEDBACK FORM
Date: ______________________________ Time:______________________
Description of suggestion, complaint or compliment: